Starts and ends in Bala
Approx. 106 km / 65 miles
About 5 – 5 1/2 hour drive depending on number of stops
This is a beautiful fall colour tour around beautiful Lake Muskoka with sweeping vistas of the lake. You will pass through popular towns of Port Carling, Bracebridge and Gravenhurst, and the Muskoka Beach Rd stretch is a favourite among locals. We do not endorse drinking and driving. We recommend the driver does not drink, or you pick up brews to consume at home or back at your cottage.
Directions and Tour Highlights:
- Start at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh to experience the Bog to Bottle tour and gain a true appreciation for our beloved berry. From there take the Frank Miller Memorial Route Hwy 169 into the town of Port Carling.
- In Port Carling, marvel at the famous Wall and boat locks. Get out of the car to walk around and get some fresh air.
- Looking for a longer experience in Port Carling? Visit the Rousseau Muskoka Spa at the JW Marriott for some cranberry-inspired pampering. Sip cranberry cinnamon cider and nibble on cranberry goodies while unwinding with luxurious spa treatments. The 50-minute cranberry sugar scrub and RMT hot stone massage will leave you feeling relaxed and ready to explore the rest of the tour’s stops.
- Visit the Little Norway Memorial at the Muskoka Airport. This unique stop showcases a proud part of Muskoka’s heritage, and will make sense why later…
- Follow the Muskoka Beach Rd out of town, which will lead you straight to Muskoka Brewery. If you’re looking for something rich, be sure to try Winter Beard, their Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout with notes of dark chocolate and cranberry. The Blood Orange & Cranberry Hard Sparkling Water is a good choice if you’re looking for something a bit lighter.
- Travel the beautiful back road and into town to Sawdust City Brewing Company. You saw the Little Norway memorial earlier, so now is the perfect time to try their signature Little Norway light beer. Feeling hungry? Stop in at the brewery’s new, on-site food truck to try their cranberry maple chicken sandwich. A tender, 5 oz breaded chicken breast, tossed in locally-sourced bourbon maple cranberry sauce and topped with zesty cranberry slaw, will make for a quick, delicious meal.
- Then, travel up the scenic highway 11 stretch to Huntsville, as you gaze at the beauty of the fall colours. Head into Huntsville and stop at the beloved Huntsville Brewhouse to try their various cranberry inspired products. Try their Red Sky at Night Cranberry Radler, infused with peach and cranberry. A perfect blend of mulled apple cider and soft peach, this dry radler is distinctly crisp and aromatic. Or, sip on their Cranberry Trail Cocktail, a blend of Sparkhouse, the brewery’s deep red ale, and smooth cranberry juice.